Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Nói Síríus Chocolate


By Lu

Mh..mh..mh...What is the best remedy for PMS?

I'd say
Nói Síríus Chocolate. Yep, they're definitely sirius in their chocolate making as it is by far one of the best chocolate I've ever tasted.

I'm not a chocolate connaisseur by any means, but when my hormone is calling I can bet you I'd find the best chocolate there is. One day at lunch, I was checking out the new cool huge Whole Foods in Schaumburg, Illinois. After scarving down some margherita pizza special they had 2 slices for $5, I just wanted some chocolate to sweeten my palette. So, there I was going down the chocolate lane. So many great organic chocolates... Mind you, I'm from Indonesia, and there was the Java chocolate with lover whatever calling my name..but then, I was fixated to this brick of a chocolate. Holy moly, that bar is thick!

I picked one up with curiosity... and I read the label..
Nói Síríus. Mh....

This particular chocolate bar is made in Reykjavik, Iceland and I guess this company has been around forever. They've been making chocolate since 1920 or so and made a lot of chocolate easter eggs! Yum! I just couldn't imagine a non Cadbury Easter Eggs...

The packaging is very unassuming as well - almost like a parchment with simple lettering. I spent the $3.99 plus tax for the bar. It had to be worth it.

And it was worth every penny. It's the silkiest, the smoothest, best chocolate I've ever tasted. I only got the milk chocolate, but they also have the better for you dark chocolate with 56% cocoa. They offer the darker varieties in the following flavor: semi-sweet, bitter-sweet, and extra-bitter. Yikes, I don't think I would like extra bitter. I'm sticking to my milk chocolate.

I've never looked back since, and if I get some craving for chocolate - I am going to Whole Foods and buy one of these bars. Oh, I forgot, there was a surprise when I cracked it open.. there were 2 layers of chocolate bar. Even better.

So, today.. I was supposed to start on a diet, but I had 3/4 of my second bar left sitting in my desk drawer at work. I coudn't, by any means, throw this chocolate away. I inhaled it within half hour, trying to savor every bit of it. Was I pmsing today? You betcha.

You know..it's the new year. So much happened last year - some good, but mostly bad and you ended up only remembering, regretting, and still thinking about the bad. I have all kinds of new year's resolutions though. Lo and behold, aunt Flo decided to visit after the holiday season is over - and when things are bad and gloomy, worsened by raging hormones, there's nothing better for the soul than this chocolate.

It is not only worth every penny, it is worth all the calories and the extra motivation to achieve my eternal resolution of going to the gym.
Nói Síríus, I salute you. Thank you for making the best non prescription anti-depressant ever.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with what you said! This chocolate is so good, no comparison.

    ReplyDelete